Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Home repair

As we're getting ready to make a trip, it is of course a wonderful opportunity for our house to spring little surprises on it. It's not enough that the west and north sides are torn open and being rebuilt; yesterday we discovered that there was water on the floor of the kitchen sink cabinet. A little investigation led to the discovery of a hole in the side of the garbage disposal. This in turn led to me laying on my back, wrapped around a couple of pieces of pipe, trying to wedge my arm into a better position to shove the new machine into place where all three tabs of the lock ring would fit. I seriously considered getting the auto jack to lift the thing into position.

Not the height of fun, but it's done and it works. Yay.

1 comment:

McBugBear said...

I feel your pain, we had some 40mph winds up here a couple of weeks ago. I'll be putting a new roof on the house shortly, I'm expecting a final quote today.