Saturday, April 6, 2013

Birthday party

Had my semi-surprise birthday party today -- moved back a week to deconflict with Easter. "Semi-surprise" because I knew there would be a party, and Diana showed me the list of potential guests; but I didn't figure out where it would be until a day or two before, and I mostly didn't know who would be able to attend. As it turned out, we had Diana and Josh; Mom and Dad; Tabitha, Chris, Ian, Kathleen, Emma, and Luke; Willa; people from work, Jimmy, Georgette, Robin, Desiree, Rob Cass; people from church, Charlie and Margaret Pittman, Bob and Maureen Kolstee; friends from previous jobs, Barbra, Mike Sahib and Rebecca Kowalski; gamers Tracy Johnson, John Andros; dentist Mary Dooley (how many people have their dentist come to their party?); neighbor Ella, and Mario from Taco Loco.
The cake image from a "put your face here" board with a Royal Navy uniform, taken in Madeira when we were there five years ago. Little did I know....
After the party dispersed, Tracy and Josh and I came back to the house and went through the introductory scenario for Conflict of Heroes: Kursk. In the evening, Mom, Josh, Diana and I taught Willa how to play Skip Bo, with the usual warning about Mom's underhanded idiosyncratic local interpretation of the rules.

No comments: