Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dinner with friends

My normal social life is summed up in this post, and even more so when Diana is in Montreal as she currently is, but yesterday our friend Barbra invited me to dinner with her and Jeff, her new beau. For antipasto, Barbra provided sliced mozzarella roll and stuffed zucchini; for the main course, Jeff served chicken souvlaki with tzatziki, basmatic rice, and feta. And Barbra had a bag of caramel bites for me, which are just sinfully good. Good conversation, ranging from Plato to Halloween costumes--Jeff's most recent was as a soldier of the Champagne regiment during the War of the Spanish Succession. I've told Barbra she might as well go ahead and propose to him now.

1 comment:

Lux Mentis said...

Hmmm. I'm assuming you suggested she propose because if you were not already taken, you would have....!

(Okay, I'm going back to hide under my rock... my work here is done!)

:0)