Saturday, May 29, 2010

Plantains

I was getting Memorial Day weekend food and, in addition to corn on the cob, hamburger, etc, I picked up a plantain. "Let me get something a little exotic," thought I, and so I did. Very, very little exotic. Okay, officially it's not a banana--no really, we mean it, it isn't. And maybe if I'd sliced up a banana as well as the plantain, and fried them both together, and was able to compare one with the other, perhaps I could distinguish some difference. As it is, I'm wondering if this foray into "exotic foods" merits the label "micro adventure", or if "nano adventure" would be more accurate.
For our next exciting adventure, we'll examine the difference between beige and ecru!

5 comments:

Lux Mentis said...

Pico adventure?

I think the next should be comparing the yam to the sweet potato.

The exotic fruit I tried recently that I quite love is Blood Oranges.

Laserlight said...

Had blood oranges. Meh. Clementines are better.

McBugBear said...

Yocto is the prefix you're looking for.

As for plaintain or banana I'd be calling it a yuckto adventure. Not a big banana fan due to a slight intolerance for something in them.

FYI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yocto-

Lux Mentis said...

I think Bugbear's intolerance is for their glaring lack of red meat.

McBugBear said...

Actually, bananas give me heartburn and some other gastro-INTESTINAL complaints.