Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goals for 2011

My goals for 2010, as written one year ago:

  • Average 300 words / day. Achieved: I got 50K words in November, and I have around 270 posts, so if I'm averaging 185 words per post, I hit it. I doubt that my average per post is that high, though. 
  • Post daily. Achieved: 268, so 73%
  • Weight 190lb. Achieved: I got down from 220 to 205.
  • Read 1 significant non-fiction work per month. I didn't keep track of that.
  • Take a major trip. Achieved: Australia
  • Mini Adventures. Achieved: Well, I didn't specify anything beyond that. I had three postings on "mini adventures" this year, so I suppose I can say "I had some!", but that's not as extensive as I'd intended. 
So I made progress but didn't achieve all I'd intended. I need to have more specific goals, and I need to track them better. On the other hand, I set some additional goals along the way, and achieved them, such as completing all the Warcraft seasonal events and writing 50,000 words in November.

Goals for 2011:
  • Complete first editing pass on A Knife in the Dark by end of January.
  • Write 110,000 words of fiction this year. That means 50K for NaNoWriMo plus 500 words per 3 days; posts on Ficton count but posts here do not.
  • Weight 190 lb by end of March, and stay there.
  • Put up 7 posts per week, counting both here and Ficton.
  • Take a major trip (Anasazi and Grand Canyon)
  • One mini adventure per two weeks; generally this will be "go to a new place" or "try a new food", although it also includes ultralight flight, taking a martial arts class, and.making an acrylic artwork
  • Read one significant non-fiction work per month. 
  • Get my naval miniatures painted--enough for the Hughes v Suffren campaign
  • Complete one wargame battle per month, even if solo. 
  • Acquire a rapier or similar weapon
  • Others as added through the year

No comments: