Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cobalt Grill

"Let's go somewhere we haven't been," so we went to the Cobalt Grille for dinner this evening. It was quiet and only had a couple of tables occupied at when we arrived at 6:30, although I gather it's busier on the weekends. Menu was mainly seafood although they did have a couple of steaks available. I had an appetizer, "Kobe beef carpaccio, drizzled with white truffle and chili oil and shaved Parmesan." It turns out that "carpaccio" means "paper thin and raw", although that didn't really matter since all I tasted was the chili oil and Parmesan. Diana had the salmon and enjoyed it. Afterwards I had doughnut holes--fresh, warm, cinnamon covered--with caramel and raspberry dipping sauces and, yum, honey whipped cream. Next time I may just skip dinner and go straight to the dessert. Total for one appetizer, one main course, one dessert, two coffees, $47 plus tip.

No comments: