Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ouch

I've managed to do something which causes pain to radiate out from the spine between the shoulder blades, out through the right shoulder, down to the elbow. Left arm is just fine. I know "pain is weakness leaving the body" but after two weeks, this is getting tiring. Chiropractor visits have helped a bit, and a hot jacuzzi improves things while I'm in it, but aspirin and Aleve don't do much.
I've also got a GI appointment tomorrow morning and will be seeing a neurologist next month. Lots of fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to aim the voodoo pins lower.

You may find thereapeutic massage from a qualified massage therapist (what that means in your neck of the woods, I'm not sure - up here it means 3 intensive years of schooling) might be able to help.

I'm not talking about dinky little relaxation massages with some scented oil - I'm talking about a form of medical treatment that has some commonality with chriropracty, but is a different fish.

You might want to check with your GP too. I know some of that sort of pain is stuff my Dad gets and it can be cardiac based.

-- Lux Mentis

Laserlight said...

It's not my heart--"even assuming I had one". I've been thinking about massage. We'll see. Definitely needs fixing, though, one way or another.

Anonymous said...

Well, there's always the glue factory....

Laserlight said...

That sounds like a Josh comment. The glue factory is unlikely although non-zero.

McBugBear said...

I get the same sort of pain although not to the same extent as you when my neck is out of alignment. The physiotherapist gave me some exercises that seem to help.

Laserlight said...

Exercise hasn't done anything for this. Ultrasound massager and ice pack yesterday made a big improvement, although it's not up to par.