Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Little do they know

This was an email exchange at work today:

Karen: Re: Bruce R--is he going to pay?
Me: Georgette says she's all over it.
Karen: Good, thanks
Me: She did not, however, say "like a hobo on a ham sandwich" [that being an expression one of our top salesmen uses often. Apparently our top sales guy doesn't talk to Karen, however, because she replied...]
Karen: Has anyone ever told you that you're a little strange?
Me: No -- no one has ever said "a little".

Little does she know....

Some years ago, in the second Found Me A Sheep (the Official First Game, since all parties deny that the first game ever happened, not that I was there anyway, I was reading in my hotel room), Roger Burton West's character was wearing powered battle armor. This armor covers the entire body, shrugs off machine gun fire without a care, leaps over small buildings in a single bound, etc. Not Iron Man level, but pretty tough. Roger was attempting to herd sheep, but one of those sheep was Baamelia, who squealed "You brute! You brute!" Immediately the other sheep in the area came after Roger. Roger either forgot he was invulnerable inside his armor or thought these might be unusually deadly sheep; in any event, he panicked and ran, followed by the enraged flock. He slipped and fell; they caught him and piled on, completely covering him. The sheep jumped up and down on him with their little hooves, doing absolutely no damage but embarrassing him mightily.

So if you said "Fill in the blank: I'm all over it, like _________", a normal person might say "a hobo on a ham sandwich"; but I'd think "like sheep on powered battle  armor."

5 comments:

Lux Mentis said...

Hearkening back to one of the Cheese Games where Joel "Boba" Frock entered his Star Wars themed team, Boba Fett and his B*tches (I didn't pick the name, but they were sort of a Charlie's Angels assortment of heavily armed and endowed ladies in various spandex suits if I recall)... I'd have to go with

"Like Boba on..."

Well, you get me drift.

The other choice would be "Like Luke Skywalker on his sister Leia" but that sounds a little too much like Arkansas.

Anonymous said...

Very humorous. Made me smile.

I have a question; are those sheep cotton balls? Is that what I'm looking at? Because those sheep look very much like cotton balls. I've seen a sheep. I've seen a cotton ball. Those are cotton balls.

Right?

You'll correct me if I'm wrong, of that I'm sure.

Laserlight said...

They're sheep. Really. They may look like 10mm white pompoms with black spots painted on for their little faces, but they're actually sheep. Anyone who was there will vouch for that, as soon as they get out of therapy.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll buy that for a dollar. Got another question for ya smarty; ever seen a real sheep?

Take your time answering. I'll be over here in the corner. What noise? Sounds like giggling you say? No, I'm not giggling...

Laserlight said...

Yes, I've seen real sheep. And generally people who are giggling in a corner are of questionable sanity-- perhaps due to having dealt with the Red Baaaaaron, William Woollace, Ewe N Peacesheepers, and Great Cthulh-ewe. That's okay, though, we're ewesed to it.