Sunday, August 7, 2011

El Taco Loco

My department at work did well last month, so our boss took us out to lunch at El Taco Loco in the Hillltop area. It's in the Hilltop East section, off the main road and behind some other shops, so it's not something I'd be likely to stumble across on my own; but what a find! Excellent food and plenty of it. I had a chimichanga and a sopaipilla, which I'd never had before. In this case it's a flour taco, fried, with cinnamon, sugar and honey on it; it comes out something like baklava except baklava is often to rich, and this was not. I told Josh about this place and he immediately headed off for dinner there. His usual praise for a restaurant is a nonchalant "It was all right", but this one earned a repeated "Awesome!", plus a "this is the restaurant I want to take to Australia."

No comments: