Friday, May 4, 2012

Deck

Tonight I heroically wrenched a couple of boards from the deck with my bare hands*, trimmed new 2x6's to shape with a nail file**, slammed them into place, and drove the screws four inches through the wood with a quick twist of one fingernail***. Tomorrow morning we'll put the paint / goop on, and that will hold us until we're ready to spend a couple thousand bucks and get the deck rebuilt.

* which happened to be holding a prybar

** and a jigsaw, as my circular saw is balky

*** which was on the trigger of my drill

1 comment:

Lux Mentis said...

I applaud your Herculean* efforts in rebuilding the ravaged** deck. Only a true mastercraftsman*** could have managed such a feat.

* Certainly legendary in some sense.

** Slightly in need of repair.

*** For certain particular values of mastercraft quality work.