Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Visitors

My sister Tabitha, her husband Chris, and their kids are here from Charlottesville for a beach visit. Sand, blue crabs, seagulls, pelicans diving on fish, and a trio of dolphins swimming parallel to the beach. It's been a while since I've gone in and gotten knocked around by the waves, and the water was a little cooler than I care for, but it was fun.
I was attacked by a bear-shark who pounced on me from out of a wave and wrapped me in a 230lb bear hug. I'm not entirely certain that my back and shoulder will ever recover, but I survived. I was a bit shaken by the experience and didn't see it coming, but Josh--who'd been standing beside me just before the attack--helpfully identified the bear-shark for me.

1 comment:

Lux Mentis said...

Apparently, you are no Roy Schieder. :0)

Hope your back and shoulder heal up.

I looked up bear shark on Mr. Gore's Intertubes. If that was Josh's identification, I find that not surprising in the least.