Saturday, November 28, 2009

Josh's weekend

Took Josh to buy a suit ("You work out, don't you?" asked the tailor. "I could tell. Your pecs are big enough to throw off the shape of the jacket.") and then across the street to Bob's gun shop, where Josh got his first session with a pistol. He took a Glock 9mm and did a commendable job of punching holes in paper. Today we went to a local art gallery; it came out in conversation that Josh is taking an Art degree, so we showed some photos of his work that he happened to have on his phone, and the gallery owner was quite complementary.

2 comments:

Lux Mentis said...

I'm sure Josh never reads this blog <*grin*>, but in the odd event he does, I want to extend my very warmest wishes on reaching his 21st birthday!

I wish someone would take ME out to punch targets with a Glock... (of course, I wish there was anyplace in this city where that was even POSSIBLE).

Glad to see the lad has turned out okay (other than his desire to be absolute ruler of the world - and I'm sure this will fade when he finally realizes it isn't worth the effort to run). Must have had good parents.

Anonymous said...

Peace, order, and good government! And if you don't like it, we'll kick your head in!

~ the Man