Friday, April 9, 2010

Pallbearer

My grandmother Blanche Fields DeBoe passed away Tuesday, age 89. The funeral was today, in Danville. I was one of the pallbearers--first time I've done that.
Points from Dad's eulogy, on what he learned from his mother:
  • Sometimes suffering is appropriate, and you need to be able to accept it.
  • There is more than one "right" way to do things.
  • You're not the center of the universe; consider everyone else as more important than you..
  • The group you belong to is also not the center of the universe, and is not right about everything.



1 comment:

Lux Mentis said...

Chris,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I still remember my Grandfather's passing and the hole it left (and still leaves) in my world. My grandfather passed away in 1989 at the age of 91. I still miss him.

I am sorry for your loss and wish you my most heartfelt condolences.