Saturday, October 2, 2010

Art, Music and Literature

The local events calendar listed a  Great Neck Art and Jazz event ("Great Neck" being the neighborhood, and that's "neck" as in isthmus, not giraffe). We took our neighbor Flo and spent an hour browsing. There were three or four photographers, half a dozen painters, several people with homemade earrings and necklaces, and glassware decorated with silver wire, plus live saxophone from Sam "the Sax Man" Howard.

On the way home, Diana and Flo got groceries while I visited Baxter Books and picked up:

So those plus the sax CD made a good haul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to pickup the Amber vol 2. Not like I don't have all the originals, but still.

Midnight at the Well of Souls I enjoyed, even while it perplexed me a bit.

Snow Crash I loved. Not sure whether I like that one, Cryptonomicon, or Diamond Age most.

I think I bought MHI on Bugbears recommendation against my normal better judgement. I might have got it half price as my local bookstore closed (sniffle).

Laserlight said...

I bought MHI because I'd seen it on Bugbear's blog. I couldn't remember what his review said, so I was hoping it was one of the good ones...I'm not done with it yet, but I'm enjoying it.