Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Party


We went to the Virginia Beach Tea Party today, held in the plaza outside Senator Webb's office. Diana and some friends visited the Senator's office, but the staff didn't seem to know what to do--the only thing they could say was "please send a letter and the Senator will respond." One would have thought they'd pay a little more attention to what's going on, and been a little better prepared.

I estimate there were at least 800 people in the plaza at a time, probably more like 1000-1200, plus people coming or leaving. The only elected official that I saw was city councilman Bob Dyer, but I couldn't see the speaker's platform so there may have been others. I'm told the mayor was invited but didn't come--although I've also heard he had to be in front of a grand jury at the time, which would take precedence.

No comments: