Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Trip to the Family

My parents are leaving this month to go to Zambia (not Zimbabwe) as medical missionaries. They'll be gone most of a year, so my brothers and sisters (and their kids) are all visiting the old homestead this week. Diana and I, and the mutt, went up on Sunday, got back tonight.

Since I'm looking at guns, and I've already tried out a pistol and rifle, my brother James offered to bring a shotgun and let me try that. He's a good instructor, so the result was that several tin cans got thoroughly ventilated and we had a good time. One thing did occur to me: we fired about 20 rounds from the shotgun and 50 rounds from a 9mm pistol--some of it rapid fire, obviously not hunting--and no one called or came to investigate.

We also watched North Carolina trounce Michigan State, played a few board games, ate, navigated around the kids, and listened as Jon and James played guitar. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.357 revolver, Dad

Laserlight said...

What James had was a 9mm automatic, but that one was too small for my hand. And several people have said that a .40 cal is preferable.