Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quiche cream

Josh, aspiring dictator of a culinary empire, made quiche for dinner. One slice survived the feeding frenzy, mainly because I announced "That's My Lunch Tomorrow, Get Your Hands Off." Josh is now formulating plans for breakfast quiche, dinner quiche, dessert quiche, veggie quiche for India, rice quiche for China, crust-less quiche, egg-less quiche, and even quiche-less quiche, which might be tough to market. One inspiration, not yet implemented is QuicheCream: quiche crust, egg custard, ice cream, and candied bacon.

3 comments:

Lux Mentis said...

I like quiche (very much so) and they are ludicriously expensive to buy in stores. They are, however, a cholestafest. Much like eggnog, to be taken in moderation.

I have an excellent quiche crust recipe and a good full quiche recipe if he is interested (I recall the crust includes cheese and the quiche includes poblano peppers).

If he wants some bacon recipes, I've bookmarked a whole load of ones he'd probably love.

Laserlight said...

I'm not certain that Josh feels a recipe is necessary, if bacon is involved. He was, tonight, about to order a "bacon pizza, without the tomato, onion, garlic...or pizza. Just the bacon." He desisted when I pointed out that it was probably Canadian bacon, not real bacon.

Lux Mentis said...

Back bacon and regular bacon are both real, from a pig, and wonderful, much like ham, pork roasts, the good part of sausages, etc.