Sunday, January 18, 2009

Murphy's of Virginia Beach

We went there for brunch after church this morning. The price was reasonable, but that's about all I can say for it. You have to go through the smoking section to get to the non-smoking section or the restrooms; the haze was thick enough that I had to change clothes as soon as I got home. The morning's special was a rubbery ham and cheese quiche, dry biscuits, and lukewarm fried potatoes. I don't need a waitress hovering at my shoulder every minute, but it would have been nice if she'd come back once or twice to see if we needed anything. I eventually asked another waitress for a coffee refill, but I never got it. And they charged us an extra line item for something which was supposed to be included in the breakfast--nothing major and I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but not endearing. Not recommended.

No comments: